This course is recommended for those with senior responsibilities managing a vehicle fleet and is suitable for both Fleet Operators, and Fleet Support Providers.
You will have overall responsibility for the fleet operation or work in a strategic role for a service provider.
It is the ideal progression from our Fleet Vehicle Management Strategic Course, for those progressing into a senior leadership role or continuing to develop their skills.
Trainer led face-to-face course in four, 2-day modules for groups of up to 12 participants.
Throughout, and upon completion of the course, delegates will be able to:
- Identify and apply advanced level principles and skills for the effective management of vehicle & LCV fleets at a strategic level in four principal competence areas; Interpersonal skills, Administration and Control, Finance, Acquisition and Disposal.
- Share fleet management related problems and solutions with experienced trainers and associates with similar development needs and goals.
- Establish the areas for improvement and development of existing fleet strategy and tactics to meet current and future organisational needs and legislative requirements.
- Demonstrate practical application of strategy, tactics and learning through successful completion and review of comprehensive projects and a written dissertation.
- Develop associate relationships to facilitate the effective exchange of ideas and tactics via peer group networking.
I’ve worked in automotive roles from dealer to manufacturer to groups for over 30 years. I’ve always enjoyed celebrating others success and seeing people thrive from their development and achievements, so training was magnetic for me. It’s a privilege every day I get to walk part of life’s journey with someone, and I develop personally every time I run a training course by spending time with those who want to invest in themselves - it’s inspiring!
I have been involved in fleet management training delivery for over 25 years and I am as enthusiastic about it now as I was when I first started and have no plans to stop anytime soon! Whether an online or face-to-face environment, I still enjoy the ‘buzz’ of assisting delegates with their fleet training & development journey and I still get a great deal of satisfaction watching them develop their skills and knowledge in our increasingly fast-changing fleet vehicle management environment.
I’ve always enjoyed seeing others developing knowledge but more importantly, confidence in their abilities. Witnessing inner growth and ability is really rewarding for me. Ensuring that the training and coaching I deliver is relevant, current and takes account of individual needs is what drives me.
Trainer led option: £3,225 course fee (plus £74 fee for external accreditation)
This course is available to members of The AFP. With membership starting at only £99 we would encourage you to find out more about our membership benefits
Cancellation policy for 3 or more delegates booked on the same course:A company can book a maximum of 4 spaces on one course. If more than 2 spaces are booked and cancellation is requested less than 16 weeks before the course start date, then a 50% refund will apply. (The AFP is a not-for-profit organisation, and this policy ensures the course can still run for the remaining delegates)
The course dates for the next cohort are listed below and the course will be held at Epyx in Coventry:
27th - 28th February 2024
21st - 22nd May 2024
17th - 18th September 2024
11th - 12th February 2025
If you are in fleet then this course is a must. With the ever changing landscape faced by fleet Managers this course offers the chance refresh and expand your knowledge in a friendly atmosphere with other like minded fleet professionals. The instructors are experienced and knowledgeable and help generate interesting and positive debate amongst the team
– Matthew Hammond, Altrad
The course has so far been really informative and a great way to complete a stop and check on how we present ourselves and how we identify the best way to present to others. Keeping it relevant and concise whilst hitting objectives. Great vibe and positivity to the course. Highly recommended.
– Charlie Dix, Lex Autolease
Both rewarding and insightful. Getting away from your day job and returning to guiding principles is very timely
– Jim Sinclair, Lex Autolease