Designed specifically for new entrants to the Fleet Industry, this course enables participants to develop their understanding of fleet vehicle management and understand what is involved in developing a fleet policy.
The Introductory course sets the industry standard for day-to-day management of vehicle fleets and leads to The AFP Introductory Certificate in Fleet Vehicle Management.
In addition to providing a background regarding the evolution of fleet vehicle management, the programme will enable new entrants to understand what is involved in developing a fleet policy that supports a complex fleet operation.
Who should attend?
This course is recommended for anyone who is new to the Fleet industry or developing in their role, and is suitable for both Fleet Operators and Fleet Support Providers.
You may have direct responsibility for the fleet operation or involvement as an HR or Finance team member, or work in a customer facing role for a service provider.
It is also a helpful refresher for those returning to a fleet role, who wish to bring their knowledge and skills up to date in an ever-changing market place.
Self-paced online learning.
We recommend allocating around 12 hours of study to complete this course, but this will vary from learner to learner.
We are here to help, so please do get in touch during your course if you have a question or would appreciate some support!
Course Overview & Learning Outcomes:
- Evolution of fleet vehicle management
- Understanding alternative vehicle fuels
- Key elements of a vehicle fleet policy
- Vehicle manufacturers and distribution
- Vehicle supply and disposal options
- Managing vehicle assets
Course attendees will be able to:
- Understand the evolution and landscape of fleet vehicle management
- Identify the key competence standards that apply to effective and efficient fleet vehicle management and administration
- Define the main elements contained in a fleet policy
- Describe the scope of fleet vehicle management, its challenges and future considerations
- Identify the various methods of fleet funding and their application
Cost of course:
- £99 course fee – members
- £149 course fee – non members
You do not need to join as a member to purchase this course, but with membership starting at £99 we would encourage you to find out more about our membership benefits.